February 23, 2021

Art Gallery Gatefold card Part 1

 Hi everyone

I had a couple of messages asking where I was last week and if I was ok as I didn't make a video. Some of you know why I wasn't on social media and it was because my wonderful dad passed away at the start of the month, last week was his funeral and I was not in a good place to craft.  I won't lie; it has been so hard and the fact that we could not be there in person really hurt me and I feel so terribly guilty. We were so grateful that our UK family videoed and had a virtual conference for the whole thing - this meant that we were included and, even though we couldn't travel home, we were part of the service.

This week I have been back in the craft room and made a very classic simple fun fold card - it is an easy Gate fold card using the gorgeous Art Gallery stamps, Stitched so sweetly dies and a sentiment from a sale a bration Hostess set called Punch Party. This last set is free for anyone who hosts a $375 party or even has their own order and spends that much. If you are considering setting up a craft room or want to place an order that large ... talk to me first about how to get the starter kit from Stampin' Up! and earn your own discounts though. 




This is the Gate fold card that I made. You will see that the post says Part 1 - tune in tomorrow for Part 2 where I add a slide and lock feature to the Gate fold to make a very different closure and the card is transformed!!Here are the dies and stamps that I used - those stitched so sweetly dies are the ones I reach for most of all! Youtube link at the bottom of the page!


Punch Party Host stamps 
Art Gallery stamps
Measurements 
Mossy Meadow card base 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored at 2 1/8" on each end, small piece to cut largest of the rectangular scalloped dies from

Basic White - 5 x 3 3/4" for inside, piece for embossing and a piece for 2nd largest scalloped rectangle to stamp on

Embossed element or DSP for front 2 pieces 1 7/8 x 5 1/4"

Youtube Gatefold card video 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and to comment - I really value your support!